Each year, an estimated 20,000 people are seriously injured in traffic accidents in Georgia. If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a car accident, you may be worried about paying your medical bills or how the financial stress will affect your family. It is common to experience a loss of income during recovery, and in some instances, you may not be able to return to work. If someone else was found to be at fault for the car accident, let us help. Our skilled car accident attorney at Lamar Law Office can provide the advocacy you need to ensure that your rights are respected and that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
The law requires a negligent driver who is found to be responsible for a car accident to pay for any resulting damages. Lamar Law Office will hold the at-fault driver accountable for your losses and injuries. Our knowledgeable attorney will investigate the accident, identify liable parties, and pursue full compensation to aid you in your recovery. As your counsel, we make it our mission to identify all possible sources of compensation that you are legally entitled to.
Common Causes of Georgia Car Accidents
Car accidents can occur for a wide range of reasons. Some accidents are just that – accidents. However, most car accidents are caused by the negligence or recklessness of a driver. Our car accident attorney can help if you suffered an injury caused by:
- Speeding. Drivers who go over the speed limit are at an increased risk of getting into a car accident. High speeds make it more difficult to stop and makes it easier for drivers to lose control of their vehicles. Accidents can also occur when drivers go too fast in slowed traffic or hazardous weather conditions.
- Distracted Driving. Drivers who do not pay full attention to the environment around them are at a high risk for a car accident. Distractions come in many forms ranging from cell phone use to eating or drinking. Drivers may also become distracted when talking to other passengers in the car.
- Drunk Driving. Driving under the influence of alcohol puts everyone on the road at risk. If your car accident was due to an intoxicated driver, you will need to peruse a civil lawsuit to ensure that the driver is found financially accountable for any damages caused.
- Drowsy Driving. Driving while tired can slow a driver’s reaction time and reduce cognitive function. Some fatigued drivers may find themselves nodding off or falling asleep momentarily while behind the wheel. If a drowsy driver fails to react at the right time, an accident can occur.
- Aggressive Driving. Drivers who engage in aggressive behaviors on the road can cause serious injuries or even fatalities. Examples of aggressive driving include running red lights or stop signs, failing to yield, weaving in and out of lanes, and unsafe passing.
- Faulty Vehicles. In some instances, the cause of a car accident is not due to the driver’s abilities but the vehicle itself. Malfunctions can occur that result in the inability to properly control the vehicle. Faulty car components like tires, brakes, airbags, or ignition systems can lead to a serious accident.
- Hazardous Roads. Poor road designs or on-road hazards can contribute to a car accident. From poorly placed signage to obstructed views due to overgrown trees, dangerous road conditions are a common cause of car accidents.
Contact Us for a Free Case Evaluation
Attorney Anita Lamar of Lamar Law Office specializes in Personal Injury. She has handled hundreds of personal injury claims in Georgia and is proud to serve her community. Injuries from car accidents are far too common in Georgia and determining fault is not always easy. When you contact us about your case, we will determine if you are legally owed compensation and will work with insurance adjustors to negotiate a fair settlement. For more information or to schedule a free case evaluation, contact Lamar Law Office today.